Sidebar is a private, highly vetted leadership program for growth-minded professionals wanting to accelerate their careers. Membership is by application only, ensuring a community of high-caliber, like-minded individuals from various industries. Once accepted, we curate your Sidebar group, a circle of exceptional peers who act as your personal Board of Directors. Led by a Sidebar facilitator, this group provides a dynamic, peer-to-peer coaching environment, serving as an invaluable resource to collaboratively navigate your most pressing professional challenges and accelerate your career growth.
The first step is to complete our quick application form. We welcome high-achieving professionals with a proven track record of success from companies of all sizes and stages and any industry. To qualify for the program, you should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Possess 10+ years of experience in your field and manage a team of 10 or more people, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Be a founder who has successfully launched a company with meaningful traction.
- Receive a nomination from a current Sidebar member.
All applicants undergo an interview to ensure they possess a strong growth mindset.
If your application is accepted, you will be invited to schedule a membership interview. This interview serves as a two-way discovery process. We aim to understand more about you, your career, your professional goals, and what you’re hoping to accomplish at Sidebar. Simultaneously, it's your chance to delve deeper into what the Sidebar program offers, ensuring it aligns with your professional goals and journey.
If you’ve been placed on the waitlist, it’s likely for one of two reasons:
- You don’t yet meet our admission criteria.
- We don’t have the perfect group for you at this time.
As soon as we have the right group for you, we’ll contact you.
Absolutely. The Sidebar community is a diverse and international group of members from all over the world. As you long as are proficient in English for reading, writing, and conversation, you are welcome to apply to the program. In the future, we hope to expand our support for more languages to reach a wider global audience.
Your Sidebar membership includes:
- Your personal Board of Directors: an inspiring group of peers uniquely suited to help you catapult your career curated by Sidebar's proprietary matching technology
- Bi-monthly, expertly facilitated meetings: twice-monthly, 90-minute sessions led by an expert facilitator who is trained in group dynamics to drive efficient, action-oriented discussions
- Goal-setting and tracking: proprietary technology specifically designed to identify and achieve your ambitious goals
- Sidebar community events: weekly live events focused on key leadership topics where members learn and grow together
- Sidebar community access: Sidebar’s highly vetted community of professionals, all ready to support you in achieving your most audacious goals
Many Sidebar members have successfully secured sponsorship from their employers for their Sidebar memberships. It's a valuable investment that yields immediate returns for members and the organization they work for. To streamline your request for sponsorship, we’ve crafted a sponsorship deck to effectively communicate the benefits of the Sidebar program. Should you need something else, shoot us an email, and we’ll be happy to help.
For business owners in the U.S., there's a good chance you can. The IRS typically permits deductions for expenses that are necessary to "maintain or improve skills required in your trade or business." Since Sidebar is designed to enhance your capabilities as a business leader, it often fits this criterion.
However, every business situation is distinct, and tax regulations can be complex. It's important to consult with your tax preparer or advisor to confirm whether your Sidebar membership qualifies as a tax-deductible business expense in your specific case.
Yes, we have an iOS app to make it easy to keep in touch with your group. However, it’s critical to join your meetings from a distraction-free, stationary setup, preferably desktop or laptop. Only if absolutely necessary should you join from your phone.
Community & Networking
We have an incredible community of world-class leaders and connecting with other members outside of your core group is a rewarding part of your Sidebar experience. Here are a few ways to do so:
- Take advantage of the Sidebar platform: Use our platform to directly reach out to any of our members, share resources, and continue conversations outside of your scheduled group meetings.
- Request 1:1 time: If you find a particular connection intriguing, ask for a 1:1 meeting. This can deepen your understanding of each other's perspectives.
- Attend Sidebar events: These events are great opportunities to meet and learn from members of different groups and expand your network within the Sidebar community.
The Sidebar community is a supportive network for various professional opportunities. While soliciting directly within your specific group is prohibited, you can make general announcements or inquiries in the community thread.
The Sidebar community can be a valuable resource for finding talent. Direct solicitation in your group is not permitted, but you can certainly share your job opening or talent requirements with the larger community.
Sidebar offers a great platform to share your new ventures. While we maintain a no-solicitation rule within individual groups, you can share updates or requests related to your business or client search with the overall community. This is where you can connect with a wider network while respecting the integrity of your personal group's dynamics.
Account & Billing
Currently, Sidebar is not supported on Android devices. While it’s on the roadmap, we haven’t yet set a launch date. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
Make sure to log in with the email address you used to set up your account. For the majority of Sidebar members, all you need to do is click “Continue with Google” to sign using your Gmail SSO.
If this doesn’t work, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to change your email address.
To update your billing information, simply follow this link [https://www.teamsidebar.com/account/billing], or visit “Account Settings” and select “Billing.”
We’re sorry to see you go! Sidebar is an annual commitment, and additional details regarding cancellation can be found in our terms of service [https://www.sidebar.com/terms-of-service].
If you would like to proceed with cancellation, or have additional questions about the process, please send a note to email@example.com
Other questions? Please don't hesitate to reach out. Send us an email with your inquiry, and we'll get back to you within 48 business hours. Looking forward to hearing from you!